- Natural Light 10" Tubular Skylight Kit
- Natural Light 13" Tubular Skylight Kit
- Natural Light 18" Tubular Skylight Kit
- Natural Light 21" Tubular Skylight Kit (Commercial)
- Natural Light Tubular Skylight Light Kit
- Natural Light Tubular Skylight Exhaust Vent kit
- Natural Light Tubular Skylight Dimmer Kit
- Natural Light Light Pipe 10" Elbow (angle adapter)
- Natural Light Light Pipe 13" Elbow (angle adapter)
- Natural Light Light Pipe 18" Elbow (angle adapter)
- Natural Light Light Pipe 21" Elbow (angle adapter)
- Natural Light 10" Tubular Skylight 1' Light Pipe
- Natural Light 13" Tubular Skylight 1' Light Pipe
- Natural Light 18" Tubular Skylight 1' Light Pipe
- Natural Light 21" Tubular Skylight 1' Light Pipe
- Natural Light Garage Exhaust Vent Kit
- Natural Light Garage Exhaust Kit w/ Radiation Damper
- Natural Light 10" Tubular Skylight 2' Light Pipe
- Natural Light 13" Tubular Skylight 2' Light Pipe
- Natural Light 18" Tubular Skylight 2' Light Pipe
- Natural Light 21" Tubular Skylight 2' Light Pipe
- Natural Light FF - Flat Roof Flashing
- Natural Light - FP - Pitched Roof Flashing
- Natural Light Tubular Skylight Dome
- Natural Light Tubular Skylight Trim Ring
- Natural Light 10" Tubular Skylight Diffuser
- Natural Light 13" Tubular Skylight Diffuser
- Natural Light 18" Tubular Skylight Diffuser
- Natural Light 21" Tubular Skylight Diffuser
Our dome is constructed of hi-impact UV stabilized acrylic that is thicker than many of our competitors. Unlike most of the competition our low profile appearance allows the skylight to blend into the surrounding roof structure. Most importantly, our dome is mounted in a stress absorbing seamless aluminum collar, which exerts the pressure caused, by expansion and contraction due to temperature effects evenly over the dome. Many of our competitors attach their dome directly to the flashing that stresses the dome at the contact points. Dissimilar materials react to temperature effects differently, which may cause stress cracks.
The flashing is extremely important, as it is responsible for keeping your roof from leaking. It is exposed to the harsh effects of the environment on a daily basis. Our flashing is constructed of air-craft grade aluminum with no seams, and its round shape minimizes damage to roof shingles and enables it to withstand the stresses of expansion and contraction due to the temperature variations. Many of our competitors use lower grade galvanized materials or plastic with tack welded or rolled seams. Our unique forward sloping flashing design limits the use of light robbing elbows that the competition uses in almost all applications. (Optional black flashing shown.)
Manufactured by Alanod, our light pipe is one of the best performing in the industry. Most of the competition uses lower grade light pipe, thinner gauge or less reflective. Our light pipe is assembled on site with three securing methods ensuring a tight, dust free seal.
Trim Ring and Diffuser
The trim ring and diffuser assembly is the only piece in the entire kit that the homeowner sees on a daily basis, and it's the only item that the homeowner will ever touch. Our trim ring is constructed of seamless aluminum and is powder coated white in color while most of our competition offers plastic. Our diffuser easily snaps into place for ease of cleaning, yet it provides a tight seal to minimize heat gain or loss. It's constructed of hi-impact acrylic, which makes it virtually unbreakable. Our diffuser is designed with a small arc that provides even light distribution without spotlight effects. Many of our competitors offer primarily flat diffusers that are not able to spread the light out as far.
About Tubular Skylights - FAQs
What is a tubular skylight?
Tubular skylights are energy efficient high performance lighting systems that are cylindrical in shape and are designed to light up rooms with natural sunlight. A small clear dome on the roof allows sunlight to enter into a highly reflective "light pipe" that extends from the roof level to the ceiling level. The light pipe is coated with silver, in a mirror quality finish, that allows the full spectrum of sunlight to be channeled and dispersed evenly into a room through a diffuser located in the ceiling.
Tubular skylights are designed not to compromise roof integrity. They are designed to minimize the size of roof penetrations and totally eliminate the chance of leaks with their weather-tight installation.
Why tubular instead of traditional skylights?
Tubular skylights emit more light per given area, because of the high reflectivity of the mirror-like light pipe.
Tubular skylights are far more energy efficient. The cylindrical design minimizes the area for direct light to enter and heat up the area and the thin light pipe radiates any collected heat into the attic area. Since the light pipe acts as a sealed shaft, very little heat escapes up the light pipe, whereas a tremendous amount of heat rises up the large shaft of traditional skylights. What this means is that there is no heat loss or gain in your room because of our tubular skylight.
Tubular skylights scatter 100% of the natural light spectrum through the use of a diffuser, thereby eliminating the spot light effect common with the traditional system. 99% of harmful UV rays are absorbed by the tubular skylights special dome, light pipe and diffuser material, thereby eliminating the bleaching effect of UV rays on rugs and furniture.
Tubular skylights are far more economical. A tubular skylight can be installed in less that two hours - a fraction of the time it takes to install a traditional skylight. No painting, no frame work and no drywall required for installation of a tubular skylight.
The Super Vent Fan provides a combination bathroom ventilation and lighting system, constructed of an all aluminum cowling that surrounds the trim ring of the skylight. The fan that exhausts the air is the quietest fan on the market and provides 125 cfm of air exchange, which is more than twice what typical bathroom vents provide. We offer an easy to install light kit that provides light through the tubular skylight during the evening hours.
How do I know what size I need?
We carry four different diameter skylights which put out an increasing amount of light the larger they are. Natural Light has 10", 13", 18", and 21" diameter units. Keep in mind - bigger is not always better! Remember, if you have any questions at all please don't hesitate to contact us and we will respond promptly...
The 10-inch tube lights up a room of 150 sq. feet or less, putting out 330 watts of light. It is ideal for use in most bathrooms, hallways, walk-in closets, pantries, and laundry rooms. It is by far the most common size purchased and used by the homeowner.
The 13-inch skylight lights up an area between 150-250 sq. feet, for 500 watts of light. (It has the same size light pipe and performs the same as the "14 inch units our competitors advertise.) This size is most commonly used in kitchens, living rooms, family rooms, foyers, and garages.
The 18-inch unit will light up an area of 300 - 500 sq. feet, putting 750 watts of light, and is best for rooms with vaulted ceilings, family rooms, living rooms, "great rooms", and garages.
The 21-inch unit, lighting up 500 - 700 sq. feet is recommended for commercial flat roof applications only.
Why choose Natural Light Energy System's skylights?
Simply put, because Natural Light are the best tubular skylight you can buy! We have the best engineered tubular skylight on the market with the highest quality components. We have the #1 selling tubular skylight on the web.
The Natural Light Warranty
Because of the quality of the materials that go into our product, our product will remain structurally sound in any environment for a lifetime. Our warranty reflects this quality by backing up our products with a 25 years warranty unmatched in the industry!
Why is Natural Light "The Contractors Choice"?
- High quality materials throughout ensure no callbacks!
- Adapts to any type of roof system.
- Fits any roof pitch.
- Easy installation - very few steps to complete entire installation.
- Very attractive unit due to the ultra low profile.
- 25 year warranty
- Seamless to ensure no leakage.
- Easy snap-on diffuser
- Exclusive dome stress ring isolates environmental stressing of the dome ensuring weather tight, long lasting fit.